The holidays can be a stressful time for many. Increased time and contact with families can leave many people feeling vulnerable. It can also offer as a trigger for relapse and compromise mental health and well being.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping yourself emotionally safe and sober during the holiday season. Watch the video for additional information.
Make the most of your holidays:
- Limit your time with negative or toxic people
- Do what is most safe for you
- Have at least two exit strategies/ excuses planned in advance
- Set reasonable and realistic expectations
- Make a conscious effort to focus on the positives in your life
- Identify at least three support people, and let them know so they will be available when you need
Keeping yourself emotionally safe and sober during the holidays
Posted by Brynn Cicippio, LMFT & Associates on Friday, November 24, 2017